Monday, October 01, 2007

My First Visit to U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago!



Last Friday night with my very good caddie friend, Steve, "The Hulk," Hulka, I attended for the very first time a Sox game at their own U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago. This is where the legendary Comisky Field once stood for years. If you look at the diagram picture in this post and specifically the yellow section behind home plate . . . THIS IS WHERE I SAT! AWESOME, DUDE! There. I feel much better.
It was an incredible evening. Paul Kenerko (he played for the San Bernardino CAL League while I was chaplain) and Jim Thome both hit home runs. And let me tell you about BOBBY JENKS, OKAY! Sorry about that, I'm still excited about the evening. Back to BOBBY JENKS. He came in the top of ninth to pitch his 40th save of the season. As he came out of the bull pen the crowd were on their feet screaming, "Bobby! Bobby! It was deafening to say the least.

The game ended with the Sox beating DET, 5-2. What a great night for baseball!

No comments: