Saturday, July 12, 2008

Keeping Your Distance GPS vs. laser: Which best answers 'how far to the hole?

Sometime ago I got a used "Skycaddie" from a golfing buddy of mine. It only cost me a box of Pro V1x's. Not a bad deal considering how much they cost. I have used it several times on courses around where I live. My subscription ran out so I renewed with the US plan (a whole lot more courses than I'll play). I plan to play several courses in Vegas next week and then a couple in New Mexico in August. It's cost? $49 for a subscription for the year.
I have to say that I think it is ideal for the average player (me) and will help the yardage part of the game immensely! The Wall Street Journal ran an article in today's Weekend Journal section
Use a friend's Skycaddie before you run out a buy one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds cool. I'll have to try yours out one of these days. Do you think the device would speed up play for the average golfer or cause them to look at yardage more than they would normally?

Caddiechaplain said...

No, if you read the article it stated that it would probably take less time than a lazer. It is right there when you pull up to the ball. Click on the title of the blog to go to the article.