Thursday, October 19, 2006

A decision that will not come easy!

On a personal and sensitive note . . . I have been away from the Tour for a year now. The reason is very complicated and would by no means be very easy to explain in that it would be simple gossip and potential slander of certain individuals who I have known for a long time. I will say that the Lord has taught me that life is "not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord!" I have resigned to the fact that it was God who gave me the ministry and it was God who could take it away at any moment. I thought He had until last weekend when I was with my long time friend, Steve Hulka (Steve of H.O.P.E.)

I am now praying as to what I should do before the next Tour season begins. I have been fortunate for the past 14 years to have been given a credential by the PGA Tour to attend all Tournaments absolutely free. The only thing I have ever needed to do was to get to the Tournaments and conduct a Bible Study and hang-out with Caddies, which I have thoroughly enjoyed all these years. God has been faithful to provide the way.
I must now regain the confidence of those I have served in the past and to gain a sense that they are in favor of this happening. I will begin this process of reconciliation and then let you know what I think God is saying. Please pray for the wonderful men and women who are caddies on the PGA Tour and who need a fresh touch of encouragement in the Lord.

No comments: