Monday, October 16, 2006

Vegas, Frys', and Golf


Traveled to Vegas to watch the Frys' Open Invitational this past weekend. I was reconnected to the Tour once again. I have been away for a while due to circumstances beyond my control. But am back ready to try to further the Kingdom for Christ on the Tour, in my City, State, and around the World.

My long time friend, Steve Hulka, was caddying for PGA Professional, Joey Sindelar, who has won 7 times on Tour, tied for ninth. It was good to watch the two of them work hand in glove. Two seasoned veterens working well together. On Sunday morning before the final round, Steve woke up with food poisoning. He struggled to finish up on a final hole from a "call of darkness" the day before. He went back to his place to rest and came back out still sick and weak, but managed to finish caddying. He and Joey finished a great round of 5 under par for the day, and twelve under for the Tournament. Are these guys good or what? "I can do all things through Christ who strengths me." Phil. 4:13)

Steve, by the way, has a business that benefits the players. It is called Hulka's Overland Players Express (H.O.P.E.). He takes their golf bags and luggage from event to event. Needless to say, he is on the road alot.

Please pray for Steve each week as he travels for the Lord out on the Tour!

No comments: